Monday, December 6, 2010

prayer request

+ hey a quick prayer request....

+ sunday night tristen starting having some contractions. so we talked with our dr, drank tons of fluid, took a bath and then went to bed hoping hey went away. then today, the contractions continued.... so we came into the hospital to see what they would like to do. luckily I wasn't dialated at all, but my amniotic fluid had gotten to such a high level it was causing me to contract. amniotic fluid is suppose to measure 20, mine was 42. no wonder my stomach was huge! (if i had one more person say to me "wow you aren't due till feb... you are huge..." or "is there really only one baby".. i was going to punch them. instead i just have to smile nicely and say- oh yeah. when really i want to say, yes i am, my baby is abnormal and i have extra amniotic fluid... thanks for reminding me.

+ so to try and keep me from going into labor they took off 4 liters of amniotic fluid. that is about 1 gallon or like 10 lbs of fluid. my stomach looks so completely different now. i look tiny. they say that i am going to be so much more comfortable without all the fluid. right now i am still in quiet a bit of pain, since my muscles are reacting to rebounding from being so stretched.

+ we unfortunately have to stay the night as miss sophia isn't responding as well as they would like to the change in fluid. her heart rate keeps dropping every once in awhile. so we got another 24 hours of observation. i am also at risk to go into labor after the amniocentesis where they took off all that fluid... so they gave me/sophia a shot of steriods to help sophia's lungs mature quickly just in case i go into labor tonight.

please please pray.

+ that her body levels out and her heart gets regular again.

+ that i don't go in to labor.

+ that my body responds to the fluid removal well

+ that she continues to grow and her lungs respond to the steriods.

thank you thank you thank you. love t

11 comments:

  1. All I can say is you all are so, so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you aunt T!!! Can't get you guys off my mind!!! Praying hard for all three of you! Wish there was something, anything, in the whole wide world that I could do to make it all go away and make it all ok for you!!! Love you lots, and hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of prayers from us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that her body levels out.... isn't that such a God thing? xo tristen ~ erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. every prayer i have is yours. we are here, all over the US, we are all praying. all of my love.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are thinking of you and sophia and sending everything positive your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tristen you and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love you guys! Praying for you and thinking of you guys. We are only a few blocks away if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you... all three of you. -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have our prayers, stay strong...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tristen, A.J., and baby Sophie, You are all in my prayers and thoughts. Lot's of love, and hang in there.
    Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete