Tuesday, December 21, 2010

good visit

so i apologize if i update this too often- but i am also using this blog to help us keep track of this expereince and remember what happened when. so sometimes it is just little updates to help me remember what happened.

today- i had an ob appt. gained only a little weight in the past week which is good. i was checking out just fine. i was a little worried today- as i am suppose to be getting weekly ultrasounds- but they couldn't fit me in this week with the holidays and lack of staff. i was worried because i feel like i had gotten bigger in the past week and if like last week i gained another 10cm of fluid in a week would have meant i would be measuring 35cm of fluid and they didn't want me to get to 42 again- as that was too much. my fear is that i wouldn't be checked this week and then i would start contracting again- this time it would be over Christmas weekend- which i do not want to spend the holiday in the hospital again. luckily my nurse practitioner talked with my doctor (who happened to be the one on call today- lucky me :o) ) who got me smuggled in for a quick ultrasound before i left.

my fluid only measured around 29- so i only gained 4cm in 1 week. woo hoo. i asked my doctor- "is it normal to gain 10 in 1 week and then only 4 the next". she said- well it varies- but i'm not going to question a good thing. ha! she said if i feel that much bigger it may be the baby growing- as they do gain 1/2 pound a week now. (she still has a normal sized head and abdomen- which is most of the weight so she will gain almost what a regular baby will gain, just a little less) she is only prob going to weigh 4 maybe 5 pounds at the most when she is born. as long as i can keep her cookin as long as possible! it is such a weird pregnancy as A- it is my frist, so i don't know what is normal, B- i can't tell what is fluid building up or baby growing, C- i can't tell how big is not normal big for my stomach.

so- all in all it was good to know it slowed down this week. surely an answered prayer! God is in control (this i tell myself every day)

hope you all have a very merry CHRISTmas! we will be enjoying our quiet holiday with some of our extended family and just the two (well 3) of us snuggled by the fire. i am finding myself very much relating to Mary and the anticipation I am sure she had of Jesus' arrival. (i still do not know how Joseph got a very pregnant lady to ride a donkey that far-- i cannot imagine :o) ) what a very interesting time to be pregnant and relating to her experience.

-tmd

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Your doctor's comment about "well it varies" made me laugh....so many times I heard something along those lines because this diagnosis is so rare, they didn't have any real answers for me to the questions I asked. So I heard "It varies" or "Maybe" or "It's very possible, but we're not sure" ALL the time. Part of me is torn between wanting the answers and knowing that to have those answers means more people have to go through this and I don't wish that. I guess we'll have to wait for Heaven!

    ReplyDelete