Tuesday, December 28, 2010

successful day

well today i went in for my check up and had a sneaky suspicion that they would be draining me today- as i feel like the past couple days i have gotten huge. since i spent most of the holiday relaxing, i didn't realize how big i had gotten until i waddled into work yesterday. plus i was having a few more contractions as i got bigger.

needless to say today they measured my tummy- which was measuring 39 weeks ( yep- this is the second time i have been as big as most people get at the end of their pregnancy, lovely) so since AJ was working today and we need him to work as much as possible- my wonderful friend Dayanne accompanied me to my ultrasound. there they measured that my fluid was 39cm.... so i was due for another draining. the procedure was done by one of the other doctors in my doctors practice-- this one wasn't my favorite. while he repeated checking the fluid level he then brought up a picture of her chest and her abdomen and proceeded to reinforce she has a much smaller chest. i then said- yep we know she has abnormalities. he says- yeah i know, i just wanted to show you that her chest is very small.... why he did this i don't know. yes i know she has a small chest. thank you for reminding me of something i think of every day.

then when he went to drain me- he was a little more brash and rough. the actual procedure hurt alot more this time- especially when the baby starting blocking the end of the catheter so he grabbed the part in my belly and wiggled it around endlessly... ignoring my clenched fist and grimacing face. they took off a little over 2 liters this time. (2100ml) the good part is that i am feeling a little less sore afterwards. ie- my stomach didn't have to rebound as much this time, so my muscles aren't hating me as much.

Sophia tolerated the procedure much better this time also- we only had to stay for monitoring 1 hour after being drained. i just had to drink a little juice to give her heart rate a bigger wave. thank goodness. it was a better experience in terms of how we both feel afterwards. my guess is that we may have to have it done 1 more time. i lasted 3 weeks this time. i only really have about 5 weeks left ( i will be 34 weeks on friday). so we will see how far i get. i would rather have it done again than to go in to labor early! not a risk i am willing to take.

anyway. i am going to lay back down. hoping these contractions that are normal after having this done go away. please pray that my body responds well- i don't go into labor and don't get any infection.

thank you for your continued prayers and encouraging words.

faithfully His- tristen

7 comments:

  1. Take good care of yourself n everything will be OK

    ReplyDelete
  2. For by Jesus stripes Sophia is healed. thank you Jesus for her complete and supernatural healing in the name of Jesus,AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you and thinking about you. Couldnt help but call that doc a butthole as i read this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear you both bounced back so quickly. You are some strong ladies :) Love you all~

    ReplyDelete
  5. A.J. & Tristen; Just wanted to let you know that we will keep you in our Prayers. You two are very strong and have amazing Love for each other and for your beautiful Sophia. Ron & Connie Van Ausdall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm posting so much but I just had to say "I KNOW!!" The tech who just HAS to remind you about your baby's condition...why can't they just stay quiet?!!? I think if I was not trying to maintain my witness, I'd have said something nasty. Oh well...maybe through us, they will be sweeter to the next family dealing with a hard situation like this.

    ReplyDelete