Sunday, July 31, 2011

the race.

so we had our String of Pearls run this past weekend. it went very well and we had a great turn out. friends, family and friends we consider family ;o). it was a super hot day. i will blame my poor attempt to run on that. it was a good time and i feel so supported and loved. 

my biggest concern for this weekend is that no one would come. that our daughter is being forgotten. that we are only 6 months out from her birth and she is all ready becoming less real to people. these may be silly concerns. but i don't get to celebrate first's like every one else for my daughter (like first smile or first laugh)... my firsts are measured by my first holiday without her or like this weekend- our first memorial run in her honor. so it means a lot to me. words can't explain how much this weekend meant to me for that reason. that our immediate family didn't get to be there in person (only in thought).  so thank you so much for coming (to those who came) or those that donated or thought of us on that day.

these kind of events are important to people who lose someone as it validates their existence. it reminds me that my daughter was here and that she was important to others, or that we are important to them to sacrifice their time to join us. i have been having a rough couple weeks emotionally- as i am going through some medical problems (i will go into this more soon) so my emotions have had me couch bound every weekend. not wanting to do anything with anyone. i feel renewed after this weekend. not only did i get some new light shown on my medical issues, but i was reminded that we are cared for immensely by people. that my daughter is also cared for.  i also loved seeing and meeting other families that have gone through what we have. it makes me feel less alone. this fall String of Pearls will be holding an event for us mommies to get together and meet. i can't wait! 

anyway... here are some pics...


the roses i made for us to wear in Sophia Rose's memory



the event...


our rose on my beautiful friend


the signs for the sweet babies



zoe even wore her rose.


yep i was about to pass out from heat stroke and running. mostly the running...



the kids even ran


the team.


we released balloons in her memory.





- a thankful family, zoe and all.

(ps- if you click on a pic it will make it bigger)

4 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you had a good turnout! It looked like such a beautiful day to celebrate the lives of so many! Those roses are so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of you and Aaron releasing the baloons is priceless. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia Rose will never be forgotten. She is our little Angel Princess....I'm so glad that so many family and friends celebrated her life with you. We were with you in spirit! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this....amazing pictures! You are a treasure Tristen and AJ!

    Love you!
    L

    ReplyDelete