Wednesday, September 7, 2011

dancing my way through life

well it has been a very busy few weeks. we were on vacation with our dinkel side of the family. which was relaxing and fun. we haven't been together as a family like that since we moved from Chicago. it was nice. i got to practice my photography and working my camera.... which i am still not that good with. it takes me a lot more photos for me to finally get the focus and settings that look good. can't wait till i get to do my photography class and really figure out how to use it. until then... my patient niece and sister in law let me shoot at them. i haven't had a nice camera in awhile and forgot how much i love capturing people. i seriously love it.

anyway... once we got back from that we had a few days to wash clothes recover and then leave for my beautiful friend Carey's wedding in St Louis, as well as swing by my home town for some time with my family (my aunt's surprise 50th b-day party-- i won't name the aunt, because my mom's sister would kill me :o) ). aaron and i had so much fun together.... eating, drinking and lots of dancing. i am a lucky lady whose husband loves to dance with me to fast or slow songs- and he is pretty good. i seriously had a great time at the wedding- celebrating a wonderful marriage with some of my favorite people i know. it was exactly what we needed.

even with all that, my heart feels heavy this week. it aches for a family i know that lost their baby 6 months in to a pregnancy. it aches for another mommy that got the same diagnosis as Sophia for her sweet little girl Layla. maybe it is just me, but after what i have been through my heart hurts for others and loss/pain of any kind, in a real way. before i would think... oh how sad and move about my day. now i think.... oooooooh how sad and my heart then aches and aches for them. i let myself feel the burdens and pain of others.  i haven't decided if this is good or bad. maybe it is because i still have a tender heart. my tender heart made me get off of facebook for awhile. i was checking it too often and more importantly- i was hurting watching all these pregnancies pop up, seeing nursery pictures, people taking day to day pics of their cute babies and kiddo's.  it was like i was torturing myself to keep looking daily at the things i want for me but can't have right now. so off i got for an unset amount of time. i all read feel better. no comparing of life stages.

recently i have been brought back to this realization that life is so much bigger and more important that the day to day crap. the who did what to who. the dumb drama. the mean people. the fake people. the silly stuff that you just need to laugh at. i am done with it all. i want to live honestly and be who i am without needing to apologize.  i want to just love people and look past people's issue's.  including mine... we are called to big things and this just gets in the way.

please pray for the people who are hurting right now. pray for yourself and pray for me- that we can live honestly and in the truth. i know i am...

-t. dinks

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tristen and A.J.

    I want to thank you for posting your story. I just finished drying my eyes--it's rather hard to type while crying--but wanted to say "thank you".

    Your story of all the how's and why's and what if's with your daughter will only be answered when you come face to face with our Lord, and HE smiles and takes your hand and places it in Sophia's, to hold for all of eternity.

    I am thankful you chose to share your story. I am sure it is helpful to Layla's mom and dad, knowing someone else has gone through this trial and made it, albeit a difficult thing to do. I am Layla's grandma. Although she is not here yet, and her future is surely in God's hands, I still (as does the rest of the family) think of her daily and pray for her more than we can say.

    I pray for your happiness and peace of mind, knowing that, although Sophia is not with you physically, she is surely in your hearts and minds forever---and you will see her again.

    Blessings to you. Mary

    ReplyDelete