Saturday, October 15, 2011

oh fall!


my fall so far in pictures...

the positives-
i have gotten to play alot with my crafts.... (and organize them)


i got to see this girl....



i have felt like this.... very peaceful and at ease with where i am...


i have gotten to drink some of these....



i got to paint this...


with these great girls...


a very thoughtful girl made this for us... 


i have been able to drink some pumpkin spice latte's...


we had a small snow all ready.... (excuse my picture through the window)


we have had some great times with our family out here (excuse my husband's silly face)...


we have been able to spend some great time together and are in the best 
place we have ever been in our relationship....


papa jeff was able to move out here.....


more crafting + wine = happiness...


i have gotten to see this girl (who i miss alot)....


i can't wait to meet this girl in a few weeks....


and i got to see this girl (their mommy) whom i adore...



the negatives-

sometimes i feel a little like this... dried out and broken


i have felt as tired and exhausted as this...


we had to say goodbye and give away this sweet girl...



i miss this girl still and forever... i especially miss seeing AJ hold her...



i'm not good at math, but it looks like my positives are starting to out way the negatives. my heart definitely feels that way. we are hoping that this continues and that life continues to be on the up-swing.  with my thyroid getting back in line, i definitely feel more and more like myself. we are taking this fall to enjoy each other and our life just as it is. even if there is no up-swing or life continues to have it's challenges... i am working on being intentional about being thankful and content with life and what i have. i don't want to be constantly saying a quick thanks for the blessings i have and constantly saying- well what about this or that? i want to dwell in my thankfulness and have peace that God really does love me and want what is best for me. that he has a plan for me and what he wants for me is good.

Oh! how he loves me- tristen

2 comments:

  1. What a beautifully creative post, Tristen. It expressed you heart so well. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tristan,
    My name is Leslie and I just came across your blog. My daughter Lyla was born with Achondroplasia (the most common form of Dwarfism). I just finished reading your story and it touched me deeply. I had to write to you. First, I would like to say that you and your husband are a beautiful couple! From the posts that appear on your blog I can see the two of you love each other very much! I will never know the pain of losing a child but I do know the pain of hearing that your unborn child will be born with dwarfism. I cried for days and it was a very devastating time in my life! Your daughter Sophia is a sweet angel! The photos of you, AJ and Sophia are more than beautiful! God does love you and does have a plan for you. Your story has touched my heart, your daughter Sophia has touched my heart! There is nothing in this world I can say to ease your pain. The only words I can give is to trust in love and you and your husband will make it through the difficult times. Someone once said......only in darkness can you see stars. You and your husband will be in my prayers forever! God bless!

    ReplyDelete